In 2019, the lactation rooms were inaugurated in our offices in Quito and Guayaquil, as a space for our mothers to continue feeding their babies when they return to work.
The purpose of this space is to offer mothers the opportunity to continue giving their children the best diet: breast milk.
Among the benefits that breast milk provides both the child and the mother are:
- Reduction of the risk of diabetes, ovarian cancer and breast cancer in the mother.
- Fewer gastrointestinal infections, otitis, severe lower respiratory infections, necrotizing enterocolitis, and sudden infant death syndrome.
- Reduction of the risk of diabetes, childhood leukemia, obesity, atopic dermatitis and asthma in children and young people.
- Less family expenses as breast milk is a free natural resource.
The lactation rooms have:
- Private and clean area with sink
- Comfortable chairs and a table to support the breast pump
- Small refrigerator to keep baby’s food in good condition until departure time
- Information on the extraction and conservation of milk.